the time is now, the place is here.
If you’re ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, there’s no better place to learn than the Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy. Available only at Authorized H-D® Dealerships.
NEW RIDER COURSE
Never ridden before? Don't sweat it. The Harley-Davidson® Riding Academy New Rider Course is designed to get you comfortable on a bike and give you the skills you need to ride with confidence.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which may (varies by state) exempt you from the riding portion of your license exam and score you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
NEW RIDER COURSE faqs:
What will I need to register?
- You'll need a valid automobile driver's license and motorcycle learner's permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
- Complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundation's eCourse within 30 days of the start of class. There is a fee of $19.99 associated with this course, payable directly to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. E-Course Link
Do I need any special gear?
You'll need to bring the following:
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- Full-fingered gloves
- A helmet that meets DOT requirements
There may be times when Zylstra Harley-Davidson or the student may need to reschedule or cancel a class. On those occasions the following policies apply.
- If cancelled by the student within 14 calendar days of the first scheduled day of class, there is no refund.
- If the student needs to reschedule a class more than 14 calendar days before the first scheduled day of class, the dealership will make every effort to reschedule the student.
- If the student is unable or unwilling to attend or continue with all class sessions as scheduled there is no refund or rescheduling. If the student desires to complete the course the student must purchase another seat in a future class.
- If a class is cancelled by the dealership a full refund or reschedule will be offered.